* Two-day course run by current TV and Film actors (Peaky Blinders, Doctors, Emmerdale)
* For students who have never acted before or who have some theatrical experience which they want to develop to Film and Television
* Highly practical course which allows students to participate in short, filmed scenes and receive immediate feedback from a professional actor
* Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
* Gain confidence in acting in front of the camera
* Understand how to create subtext in a scene
* Learn about different ways to prepare a scene for performance
* Understand the main cues a director gives an actor when filming
* Adjust your movement and performance based on the shot size
* Discover different ways to rehearse a scene
* Build some basic camera operation skills to be able to film yourself and your fellow actors
* Create a short film / Actors showreel
* Feature in an Film and TV casting directors showcase screened at the Mockingbird Cinema Birmingham.
* Get signed by an actor agency
COURSE CONTENT / STRUCTURE
The 2 day filming courses run throughout the year
Classes run from 9:45 am to 4pm with a 30 minute break. A typical class starts with a range of warm up exercises to relax the body and mind, and allow you to focus your creative energy.
This will be followed by improvisation scenarios where you are filmed and later critiqued. Improvisation to camera is a fantastic way act freely without getting caught up in lines. The goal, of course, is to become so comfortable you forget the camera is there.
This will be followed by script work, which is key to any audition or part. You will work on a one to one basis with a TV and Film Actor to learn lines and perform to camera. If you have an upcoming audition we can practice with you to give you the confidence to succeed!
Finally we will watch the footage of your shoot and critique together. This is a great way to see your own work and improve your Acting For Screen. We can also send you all the clips of the work you have done. Many of our actors have used our short films and showreels to get roles in Films and Television.